By Simon St. Laurent, Edd Dumbill, Eric J. Gruber
If you’re an internet developer or clothier able to examine Rails, this distinctive e-book is the precise strategy to start.
Rather than throw you into the center of the framework’s Model-View-Controller structure, Learning Rails 3 works from the surface in. You’ll start with the principles of the net you understand, and find out how to create whatever noticeable with Rails’ view layer. Then you’ll take on the more challenging internal layers: the database versions and controller code.
All you want to start is HTML adventure. every one bankruptcy contains routines and overview inquiries to try out your realizing as you go.
- Present content material by means of construction an software with a uncomplicated view and an easy controller
- Build kinds and method their effects, progressing from easy to extra complex
- Connect types to versions by means of developing a database, and create code that maps to database structures
- Use Rails scaffolding to construct purposes from a view-centric perspective
- Add universal net program parts similar to classes, cookies, and authentication
- Build functions that mix info from a number of tables
- Send and obtain electronic mail messages out of your applications
"Learning Rails 3 seems like a brisk pair programming consultation with pros who understand how to exploit Ruby on Rails to get issues performed, and get them performed well."
-Alan Harris, writer of Sinatra: Up and Running