By Nanette Gottlieb
Japan is rightly considered as some of the most technologically complex international locations on the earth, but the improvement and deployment of net know-how in Japan has taken a special trajectory in comparison with Western international locations. this is often the 1st booklet to examine the categorical dynamics of jap net use.
It examines the an important questions:
* how the japanese are utilizing the web: from the superiority of entry through moveable units, to the style tradition of cellular phones
* how Japan's "cute tradition" has colonized cyberspace
* the position of the net in numerous musical subcultures
* how assorted men's and women's teams have embraced know-how to spotlight difficulties of harassment and bullying
* the social, cultural and political affects of the net on eastern society
* how marginalized teams in jap society - homosexual males, these dwelling with AIDS, contributors of latest non secular teams and Japan's hereditary sub-caste, the Burakumin - are difficult the mainstream through the use of the Internet.
Examined from numerous interdisciplinary views, utilizing a large diversity of case-studies, this is often a thrilling and certainly state of the art ebook which breaks new flooring in jap stories and may be of worth to someone drawn to jap tradition, the web and cyberculture.